Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sad

Rarely do I write about the inner feelings and thoughts I have about things that move around me. However, after today's incident, I felt compelled to do so. Much as I have a political agenda to do so, but I am writing on behalf of how I feel about politics. Seeing a cow's head being dragged and stomped on outside the Selangor State Secretary Building has led me to believe that our leaders in this country has once again incite a dangerous precedence throughout the year since March 8 2008.

So what if BN had lost the mandate from the people? Penang for one is managing well without them and during the past few weeks, BN has been drumming the messages that a vote for PAS is a vote for DAP and a vote for DAP is anti-Islam. Sometimes, when one gets too emotional, one tends to ignore the side effects of what he or she has said. I totally disagree of what has happened yesterday. It was uncalled for just because a temple is to be reallocated to the area. Has this people gone nuts? Is it the month of Ramaddan condoning what they have done to hurt the feelings of non Muslims? I have seen the video and I urge all parties to restraint and not to be provoked. The action of these silly people were done with one intention - to get the attention of the decision-makers and to intimidate the rest. I hope all Indians will not respond to this. Let it be known that the actions of these silly individuals are done by their little misguided minds.

Although it is a sensitive issue, I fail to understand why the head of an innocent cow was used to demonstrate their opposition of a temple that is to be reallocated? The temperature is rising again when the country heads into the National Day celebration. Have we all lost our minds? I know I have not as I intend to just shrug my shoulders and ask god to forgive those who have demonstrated. I hope the police will arrest these individuals for illegal assembly.

I rarely place a quote from a person that I have neutral respect for but here goes

Calling on the protesters to reflect on their action, he asked: "How would you feel if the proposal to build a mosque in a non-Muslim area - which is already happening - leads a group of non-Muslims to burn and stomp on the Quran?"- Khairy

No comments: